Friday, September 24, 2010

Skincare

Happy Friday ladies (and gents)! Today I'm going to talk about that very complicated topic of skincare. I don't know about you, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed at the drugstore, just staring at all the skincare products wondering which items work the best and if this cleanser would go well with this moisturizer, etc. Here are some of my favorite skincare products (and I promise I've tried a LOT):

Cleansers
Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Remover Cleanser
I found this at Target and I really, really like it. Like all Aveeno products, it has a pleasant, light scent, is gentle and moisturizing and doesn't irritate your skin. What I love about this specific cleanser is that it is self-foaming and it creates this awesome lather that feels so good on your skin - you feel like you're getting a spa treatment every night! It is very gentle so sometimes I have to lather up twice for it to really get everything off my face, but for me I'd rather use a more gentle cleanser and have to use it twice than use something harsh on my skin.
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser
This is a product I've used off and on for years. Like the Aveeno, it's really gentle and will never sting your eyes, but it's a very effective cleanser and I love the smell - kind of a weird smell to try to describe, but it just smells like a spa! Almost lavender or rosemary-ish. It is definitely more expensive than the Aveeno, but it's just so effective and pleasant to use that I always end up going back to it.

Moisturizers
Neturogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15
Mine has newer packaging, but looks similar to this. For a day moisturizer, I usually go as plain as possible - something oil-free that won't make me greasy but will moisturize and protect my skin. This stuff is really good.

Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Night Creme 2 oz
Burt's Bees Positively Ageless Night Cream
This is my nighttime moisturizer, and I really like it. Just moisturizing enough, with a nice light texture - plus a great pomegranate scent that to me smells like cranberry tea or something. It's really good, and it's all-natural which is a nice plus. I'm going to have to get more!

Eye Cream
Origins GinZing Eye Cream
This is such a great eye cream...I use it in the morning after moisturizer, and it really helps "wake up" my eyes. Besides for the ginseng and caffeine to de-puff, there's a nice luminous pink tint that helps camouflage my dark circles, which are probably my biggest beauty gripe. This eye cream plus CoverGirl Simply Ageless concealer equals bright eyes!

So there you have it...some truly great skincare secret weapons. Try them out!

2 comments:

  1. 1: origins Eye treatment with white tea and ginseng. I just bought it again and it's freaking amazing.
    2: Philosophy Hope In A Jar is equally amazing as the above listed product, but comes in convenient pads and wipes, so that if you're lazy like me, you can wash your face while actually being in bed. It's an unbelievably delicious feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love my former roomie and her ability to haphazardly wipe at her face in bed and still wake up with perfect skin! xoxo

    ReplyDelete