Thursday, October 28, 2010

Well I'm Engaged...So There's That.








(!!!!!!!)

So I have totally, inexcusably neglected this blog lately...it feels like it's only been a couple weeks, but in reality it's been almost a month since I posted. I am sorry. No really, I am. I love this blog and I am really proud of it and I really hate that I haven't been posted. Buuutttt.....

I'm engaged!!!

So there's my excuse, despite the whole "inexcusable" thing. It happened last Tuesday (October 19th!), and between that and the 5 thousand million auditions I've been going on, my computer time has been really limited. But here I am, feeling (as Jane says in Pride and Prejudice when Bingley finally pops the question) like "the most fortunate creature that ever existed." I'll spare you all the corny details of how I (impatiently) waited for months for the proposal, and how he ever-so-casually proposed on the Highline Park in Chelsea and how I somehow could not spit out the word "Yes" for about a good five minutes...anyway. It has happened, and now that it's really settled in, and the phone calls have been made, and the shock of calling him "my fiance" has worn off, I look at my hand and just feel pure joy, and excitement for what is to come.

Despite the horror and dismay I came across recently in realizing how crazy expensive it can be to throw a wedding in my neck of the woods, man I am loving wedding planning! I've been calling a few venues trying to find the right place, and I am telling you, there is no sweeter question to hear than "Are you the bride?" Every time I am asked, I can't resist almost squealing "YES!" I also think, every time I give my name to one of the planners, that my last name will be different very soon. I am just delighted. I was kind of born to be a bride-to-be, as ridiculous as it sounds. I am just hoping that the small breakdown I had on Monday night (well, if you ask my fiance, maybe it wasn't so small) will be the only one and that I will somehow be able to enjoy the process without getting overwhelmed or having unrealistic expectations. Thankfully I have wonderful friends (and sisters-in-law-to-be!), not to mention my family and fiance, that I know will lovingly but firmly keep my head on straight - without these people, I would be a puddle of nerves and emotion, pretty much all day every day. Thank you to everyone who has stuck by me during the "waiting" period to see me come out the other side as a proudly engaged woman....I could not be more grateful for both your support and your tough love. 

So there we go. I vow to you and to myself that I will not neglect Go Austen anymore, and I really appreciate everyone reading. Onward to more ramblings (including some tidbits of wedding planning, hazah!).

P.S. Remember those fabulous hardcover classic books from Anthropologie that I featured recently? Well guess what I got Neil as an engagement present...
hey I can try to be as patient as Penelope right?
P.P.S. Thank you Cecilia for your super-sweet compliment! I will try not to let you and your sister down. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment